Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Last night I had several dreams and I only remember bits and pieces of each. 

For dinner last night I made chicken parmigiana, my favorite dish to cook, for us and our two guests.  So, my first dream was that I cooked enough chicken parm for six people and one of my guests invited over some of her friends without even asking so there was not enough food for me.  I started crying and Tate hugged me close and asked what was wrong.

"I worked so hard on this meal and there's not enough!" I cried.  "And I'm hungry and tired and don't have the energy to cook anymore!"  I was so mad that she had invited over more people without even asking and it all just built up in me until I exploded.

After that, I dreamt that Tate sent me to Wal-Mart to get him some guns.  While there, I picked up a baby doll for a friend's little girl.  I went to the gun counter and the guy working was confusing me so bad that  I walked off with my phone to call Tate.  When we figured it all out, I went back to the counter, and my basket, and someone had replaced the baby doll with a real baby!

Of course, I freaked out.  Who dumped a baby on me?  That's as far as I can remember of that dream.

Then I dreamt that my frenemy from high school was getting married. Her name is Breezy and she actually did get married sometime in the past year (I wasn't invited).  I have seen pictures of her since then and, as horrible as this is, she had gotten quite portly since her star basketball days.  In this dream, though, she was back to the old Breezy I had always known.  I did get invited to the wedding in my dream and it was held outside on a fall afternoon.  It was absolutely perfect weather.  Breezy walked down the aisle in a corset top dress and a pearl tiara (ugh), but she had the expression of a dead fish on her face.  Maybe it was because she was marrying Chris? 
The next dream was just me pulling up to my Grandma Cookie's house where Tate was working on something.  I was in his truck and I had my dog, Patience, and an Australian shepherd puppy that I was surprising Tate with.  It was a black tri and the cutest little thing I had ever laid eyes on.  When I opened the door of the truck, Patience ran off and the puppy baled out.  We couldn't even enjoy the surprise because we had to go track Patience down.

So the dreams weren't full of excitement last night.  But, that's more than fine with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment